Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Butterfly Blues

OK, so the butterfly on today's card only has a little bit of blue on it, but the card does actually have a blue and white color scheme.  I love blue and white, red and white, yellow and white, green and white and white on white.  Hmmmm, seems to be a theme here.

After stenciling a card using my dies the other day.  I decided to do it again.  This time I used two new background die that have just been sitting on my desk begging to be used and one of my favorite butterfly dies.  (I have more butterfly dies than I care to admit I actually own and my Johnny Luv and Paulie Darlin' keep buying me more.)


I used a darker blue die to stencil in the vines on the furthest die cut and the butterflies wings.  The center lattice work die started out as white card stock that I inked with a pretty turquoise blue.  The blue back ground mat is actually white card stock that was inked with the dark blue so it would be an exact match.  True to my sparkly-pop esthetic everything has been popped with dimensional tape (wish I owned stock) and multiple rhinestones were attached, which was rather time consuming with the tiny ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment