Blogger Layouts

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Every Queen A Crown

Every woman deserves a crown. I believe that, I really do so....I made a crown for myself.  It took me a while.  I knew I wanted to create something special and I looked around on the internet for inspiration.  A woman I worked with had made one using Graphic 45 papers and it was fabulous, but, I needed one that reflected me.  Since it had to reflect me, I, of course, used a crown from a Burger King kids meal for my pattern.

I covered it in beautiful floral paper on the outside and pale blue card stock on the inside.  Next time, and I'm sure there will be a next time, I will not use as many layers of card stock.  Three is too many.

Next I added lacy gold die cuts space evenly around and then added popped flower die cuts over the entire thing.  A gold butterfly was added to the top point of the crown and more flowers to the rest.

After looking at the crown, I decided to add a few more gold die cuts underneath each point and then added lots of crystal Stickles and diamond rhinestones.

Here's a front view


A side view

And finally a close up


By the way the head holding up the crown was a old foam wig head from my mil's basement.  I decoupaged it with some text printed tissue left over from a gift and added a pearl necklace.

I  like how the came out (aside from the heaviness factor) and intend to wear it to a big craft event I am attending this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment