Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Oh So Feminine

Back to my favorite thing, making cards.  Don't get me wrong, I love paper crafting, be it scrapbook, altered booking, atc's, pocket letters or altering things but card making is my absolute favorite.  There is nothing better than getting a little bit of happiness in the mail; something that is not a bill.  I have been very remiss this year and have not sent out nearly enough cards.  I am hoping to do better the second half of the year.

Here is today's card.  I started by embossing a pretty lace pattern on vellum and then gluing the vellum to white paper to give it some substance.  I then layered it with a soft yellow paper as a mat.

I love the intricacy of the gold die cut behind my central panel.  I keep a lot of these die cuts ready to go in my stash in either antique gold or white.

The central focus of this card is a beautiful floral stamp ad a couple of butterflies.  I stamped them in black several times and then popped them with dimensional tape.  They were finished with some crystal Stickles to really give this card some sparkle.

I am not sure where this card is going to be sent.  I have a couple of options so if your someone close to me watch your mailbox.

1 comment: