Blogger Layouts

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Wedding Ring Layout

I recently began quilting classes and absolutely enjoy them.  It is so much easier than I envisioned.  However, I couldn't help myself, I had to start taking my quilting patterns to my paper.

This is a layout featuring a wedding ring quilt pattern.  I cut all the rings out and then cut each one into sections to create each ring.  The rings were interlocked and attached to a embossed background to create a quilted look.


The top and bottom border are pleated in a matching paper and I used a pretty grey that was in the rings as a border.

The photo was cut into an oval and matted with the same pink as in the pleated border and then I pleated a seam binding around the entire thing.


I used a bunch of pretty floral die cuts and gilt flourished to soften the edges of the frame and added a little bit of the same floral to the top corner to balance the layout.

Now as always there is a lot of dimension added to this project with foam tape.  But there is no bling at all - weird for me, right?

Oh by the way, this is a picture of my oldest daughter, Bonita-chan,  for those of you who know us.

No comments:

Post a Comment