Blogger Layouts

Friday, March 17, 2017

Lucky Find

Being part Irish, I am of course obligated to celebrate.  When the children were little, every meal was as green as I could make it. Green eggs, green oatmeal, green butter on green toast (yes, I made the bread myself).  Lunch would be more green bread with green egg salad with lettuce or alfalfa sprouts, and finally green dinner, it could be green pasta with green pasta sauce, green rice, of course a completely green salad and green jello with green veggies and one year green breaded pork chops made from the leftover bread crumbs. We even had green milk or koolaide.  I really miss those days.

This year, being just a tiny bit more organized than last, I managed to make and send some cute little St. Patrick's Day cards.  I used my favorite St. Pat's stamp from my vast collection of House Mouse stamps.


I have to say, Spellbinders has made creating cards so much fun.  I love all the beautiful dies that are now available in the card making world.  The embossing folders are equally fabulous, although, I must admit, Anna Griffin's folders are my all time favorites, oh, and the original dotted swiss.

I couldn't find a design paper that appealed to me for this card so I just edged a piece of white card with a delightful washi tape.  It added a perfect touch.  The gold paper also has a lovely shimmer.

For the first time in a long while I decided to join in on the House Mouse Monday Challenge HERE The theme is Party and on St. Pat's that is what it's all about.

Happy St. Pat's





1 comment:

  1. Wow I love this and what great memories for your children. I never thought of using washi tape for a background effect. Awesome idea. hugs, Cathy K

    ReplyDelete